Saturday, February 23, 2013

Build Your own Pita Pizzas

   Since I was a child one of my favorite meals was our build your own Pita Pizzas. They were delicious, fun to make and actually somewhat healthy when you use the whole wheat Pita bread. I really wanted to share this with you as my children love creating their own and it tastes so darn yummy! Now I did vegetable Pizzas this time because it was Friday and we are in Lent so we can't eat meat. Now before someone says "Umm, isn't that a can of meat sauce you are using?" let me explain. Sometimes I do things that don't make much sense. i told you something always goes wrong. This would be an example. I planned the meal to be meatless, not a single pepperoni was purchased. So as I am standing at my pantry trying to pick out a sauce I came across this one.  No one in my family is particularly fond of this sauce so I figured ok, it might be great for Pizza and completely forgot about the entire Friday/lent/no meat thing. complete accident. I actually didn't even notice it until I was finished eating! OOPS. Oh well, it was an honest mistake. But any way back to the Pizzas! here is what I use to make them.
*Whole Wheat Pita Bread
*Jar of favorite marinara
*Mozzarella Cheese
*Favorite Pizza Toppings

Pre-heat oven to 425.
Decorate Pizzas with whatever toppings your little heart desires.
Bake for 10-15 minutes (oven temps can vary, just keep an eye out)
My Kids LOVE making their own


Choose your toppings. Personally I love broccoli, olives,
 tomatoes,  mushrooms, onions and peppers. Believe it or not
Broccoli is my favorite on pizza. Who knew?

Ready for the Oven

Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes
  
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment