Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter!


I wanted to share with you all some things we do for Easter in my family! Every year since I was a little girl I have always written the names of each family member on an egg then used that egg as a seating card. I usually use a napkin ring or even a shower curtain hook to have it sit upright but I think it adds a personalized touch to each plate. Every year we (the women in my family) VOW that we will not do cleanup. We have cooked for days prior and cleaned and decorated so seriously fellas you need to clean up! Unfortunately, that never happens. So a few years ago we decided "heck with this, we are using paper plates." It may not be the most chic looking set up, but hey survival of the fittest. This year I also decorated the cupcakes and made the jello eggs! I tried to make the cupcakes resemble a bird's nest but I couldn't quite get the chocolate to shave like I wanted it to. I still think they look cute though. I made cupcakes the way a person normally makes cupcakes then iced them with white icing. After that I shaved some bakers chocolate onto the tops and arranged it to look like little nests (not very well though.) Finally,  I topped with the whopper eggs. I think they look cute, what do you think? I also decorated some of my eggs differently this year. I cut out different shapes (primarily flowers) from previous year's Easter napkins. I made a water flour mixture to serve as glue then pasted the cut outs onto the eggs. Some of them turned out really nice! Others not so nice but there is always next year to perfect the skill :) Well I suppose that is about it. I just wanted to share with you all a few things I did for Easter this year. Thanks for reading! Of course Happy Easter! He is Risen! 













2 comments:

  1. love the cupcakes lady! and such pretty Easter eggs;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laurie! Coming from you that is such a huge compliment, you have such great style!

      Delete