Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Couple Quick Tips

            As some of you may expect cleaning in my household is a never ending battle. Laundry is probably the worst of the household chores. With three very active boys the laundry pile seems like an endless abyss. Then there is the joy, nay, the pleasure of putting it all away. But despite all my effort my nice neat drawers get destroyed when one of my little tornadoes decides he needs his favorite shirt. (sigh)  A few months ago I was looking on Pinterest (LOVE THAT SITE)and found this wonderful tip from Simple Organized Living


 She folded her clothes and set them sideways in the drawer so you could see each and every shirt. This has been a miracle in my children's  disaster area bedroom. I make one small change when it comes to folding the shirts though. I fold them like how they do in department stores so you can fully see the t-shirt design. Ultimately it looks like this:     

                       
                                              



  
See it works for jeans too!



     Another cool little money saving tip that some of you may already do involves your bathroom waste basket. I stopped wasting money years ago on the little garbage bags that fit those small waste paper baskets. Instead I use plastic grocery bags. Saves money and clean up is super easy.Well there you have it, here are just two tips for saving time and money while staying more organized

4 comments:

  1. I use grocery store bags for my bathrooms too. I just can't justify spending money for bags when the grocery bags go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I figured a lot of people used grocery bags but I was really surprised by how many don't! I agree I can't justify that expense either! thank you again for checking me out :)

      Delete
  2. Great tips, Christina! Your boys are adorable. You are doing a great job at keeping things neat. Just stopping over to say hi! Visiting from the The Rookie Wife's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I certainly try and stay on top of these boys of mine, they love messes! I just think things are so much more convenient when it is neat. Thank you again for reading and I LOVE the Rookie Wife's Blog too. She has such great ideas! I will be posting another blog soon!

      Delete