Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Business of Boys



   As many of you already know I have 3 extremely crazy and rambunctious boys. The stuff they come up with on a daily basis, astounds me. At 4 and 6 years old they have already started to prank me...so not cool. From jumping around the corner and scaring the crap out of me to leaving fake poop on the toilet seat, my days are of endless wonder


Growing up I used to love the movie "Overboard" starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. Now, I watch the movie and the similarities between that movie and my life scare me. I mean we even had the pet turtle and one of my kids sometimes sounds like Pee Wee Herman. But through them I also get constant amusement. They have yet to super glue my hands to plates but I fear one day that will come so I try to come up with activities to keep them busy thus hindering their ability to plot war against me. :)

                                                                               Today, I decided I would take Chris and Ki to the woods and resume construction on the fort. They love going there and usually it's a race to get there. I love going there because it provides a good amount of entertainment for them, it's great exercise moving all the tree logs and branches, and it is absolutely free! Since I am in no way an architect, I find myself trying to figure out ways to make the fort sturdy. Obviously, years of Lincoln Logs have provided no true experience but I found myself trying to stack all the logs that way anyway. After many failed attempts to build my giant fort lincoln log style, I knew I needed to figure out a different way of doing it and doesn't involve power tools. (not that I have any objection to power tools, I just don't think the extension cord would reach) So I decided to stack all the logs in between standing trees thus creating an armature for our fort. This worked out much better. The boys diligently followed me through the woods and did a fantastic job carrying sticks and informing me when there was a spider on one. They also got quite a bit of amusement sword fighting with the twigs and creating their very own imaginary fire. At one point ,to their dismay, I accidentally stepped on their "fire." To alleviate any rising tension and potential melt down, I immediately started screaming "AHHHHH..my feet they burn help help help." At that point Chris and Ki started blowing on my feet and laughing hysterically. Meltdown avoided.



 After awhile they were ready to call it a day and let me know how "starving" they were. On our walk back to the house Christian wanted to race Malachi. Both boys suffer asthma, but Malachi definitely has a bit of a tougher time so he wasn't really up for the challenge. Christian was upset so I asked Christian's left foot to race Christian's right foot. Both feet accepted the challenge and ran off. Malachi and I kept a steady pace and made it home, where we were met by Chris. He was lying in the grass panting and building up to his climactic death(he is my dramatic child.) All in all, I think they had a pretty fun morning. 

Malachi (red shirt) and Christian (blue shirt) showing off the construction masterpiece.
   
Thanks for reading <3 Christina <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lena told me about this! It totally reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to go behind the house and build forts only yours is totally kick-butt! Any kid's dream!

    ReplyDelete