Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Best Bath...



Hello all! Thanks for dropping by to check out the best way to an oatmeal bath. As I have mentioned before I have 3 amazing little boys. Unfortunately two of them (Chris and Ki- "The Twins") suffer from Eczema. Eczema is a long term (chronic) skin disorder that involves itchy and scaly rashes. Often times their skin is extremely dry. It can get so bad that sometimes it will feel like sand paper. It is really uncomfortable for them.  :(  I have to be very careful with which lotions I use on them and how much water exposure they can have, which kind of fabrics they can wear and even how to dry them off after a bath. Sometimes despite my efforts, the rash gets unmanageable. Today we played outside on the slip n slide for awhile so their skin got kinda bad. One thing that can help alleviate the dryness is an oatmeal bath. As many of you know Oatmeal baths can be extremely soothing especially to dry skin. Bath time in my house is already a disastrous event. It requires the amusement park sign "YOU WILL GET WET ON THIS RIDE." I am always completely drenched. With their skin condition they should really only bath every other day but they LOVE their baths so it is a complete fight to get them out. I am soaked and all the towels are wet. The bathroom is trashed. It makes matters much worse when there is oatmeal involved.  It is great but it leaves a DISASTER.  So I came up with an pretty great solution with a few different uses.  I take the oatmeal and place it in a sock. I attach the sock to the faucet and let the water run through the now "oatmeal sock." (patent pending lol ) I know this will sound weird but I actually use the cream oatmeal. Yes, I put "strawberries n cream" oatmeal in my babies' bath. The milk and oatmeal make the bath water so silky. When their skin is really bad I also add a tablespoon of Coconut oil to the sock as well. It really works so well. After the bath is filled up I removed the sock and twist it so none of the contents fall out. I use the oatmeal sock as the loofah. It is so soft and doesn't agitate the skin at all! It is amazing. And afterwards the tub is pretty clean!. (of course you still gotta rinse it down as usual, but you don't have hundreds of little oats stuck to the sides. When you are all done you can dump the sock contents into the garbage and wash the sock. I hope you try this out and thanks for reading. 












1 comment: