Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Introduction

Hello all and welcome to my blog! I guess here is where I tell you a little about myself so I can try to spark your interest. Well, my name is Christina. I am 24 years old, am married and have three children. In fact, I have been with my husband for almost 10 years now and we don't just have three children. We have three boys! They certainly live up to every definition of a boy, too. My oldest Isaiah is six years old and our youngest are TWINS, Christian and Malachi who are four. Our life seems rather hectic and I am always wondering what little surprise life is going to throw at us next! There is never a dull moment around here even when there is nothing planned. For a fairly young couple, my husband and I have been through a lot. My husband served in the US Army, during which time he deployed. That was a tough time in my life for sure- I was moved away from any home I ever knew then was DROPPED into the military lifestyle. There was no easing my way in. I was like a fish out of water. We moved to Ft. Campbell KY in January 2010. By that March, my husband was gone. He was deployed to Afghanistan and I was alone. Completely alone with three children. I probably could have gone mad but I kept my cool. I learned a lot about myself at that time. I learned that I was stronger than I thought; that I could do so much by myself that I never dreamt possible. Of course during all of this self realization I was missing my husband something crazy- like ziploc-ing all his clothes so they wouldn't lose their scent crazy. I got to talk to him some which made things seem better but I just felt something was wrong. I was busy but couldn't figure out why I was SO completely drained all the time and just not feeling well. Then in August, we found out some bad news. I had been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer the year prior and it appeared that I was having a recurrence. That was a bit of a downer in my life. The doctors put me on anti depressants. I really didn't think I was depressed. A bit stressed- absolutely, but no I really wasn't depressed. Well I decided to take the prescription to humor the doctor. About three weeks into taking these meds, I decided to quit taking them. You see I have never had more suicidal thoughts in my life than when I was taking the "anti-depression" pills. I found myself eyeing up my wrists as I was cutting vegetables. I WAS NUTS and I am not nuts. ( at least I don't think I am)  SO I stopped with the crazy pills and felt way better. I still was dealing with the cancer crap but no worries, I recovered. After a couple doses of Radioactive Iodine, some lifelong hormone replacement therapy, and quite a few months of feeling like death, I am back on my feet and feeling much better. After that fun time my husband decided to get out  of the military, so he discharged and now we are back home in Wilmington, NC. I love being near the beach and so does my family. My family is everything. If any of you met any of my friends I think the first thing they would tell you is how much my kids mean to me. I mean, they are my life to the point where I am considering that perhaps I may have separation anxiety. With that being said, we do quite a lot of activities together. Since there are five of us, we are pretty broke so most of our activities are either free or of barely any cost. We make a lot of crafts, have a lot of picnics and play outdoors a lot. We have even broke ground on constructing our Fort in the woods behind our house. Through being somewhat poor I have had to be extremely thrifty. So that is what this blog brings you. I want to share with you different projects I have done or activities I do. I want to show you the ropes on living with four guys (to any of you wondering, Yes I lost the battle and the toilet seat remains up) . I want to let you know what life with multiples is like. I want to share my personal triumphs and ALL of my failures. Trust me, if you life is anything like mine, others would label you tragic! Seriously. No matter how much I may plan and plan and plan something ALWAYS goes wrong- so I want to share how I rebound from these experiences and how you may be able to also. I sincerely hope that with this blog I can share some tips and at the very least hopefully add some humor to your day. I hope you enjoy reading it and thank you so much for your time!                                                           <3 Christina <3

2 comments:

  1. hey you cant see the comment box my love!! but your blog rocks! keep it up! im dying to read it!! love you love you love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my lovely..I really enjoyed reading your blog and can't wait to see what comes next..at least this way I can keep up with you and my boys...this should be real interesting...love you all

    ReplyDelete